woensdag 29 augustus 2012

Songtitles starting with I supposedly recorded by Elvis

I almost lost my mind
Composed by Ivory Joe Hunter
Fanclub reports in 1970 mention a planned release of a Camden album called Presley featuring this song.
There is no proof Elvis recorded this song.

I asked the Lord
Composed by Johnny Lange & Jimmy Duncan
RCA-Victor released this in 1984 on A golden celebration as He's only a prayer away.

I can see clearly now
Composed by Johnny Nash
Reportedly Elvis sang (some lines of) this song live in 1972 but no proof has been found.

I can't help it (if I'm still in love with you)
Composed by Hank Williams
On May 27, 1958 (according to Joseph E. Tunzi's book "Sessions III") or July 4, 1958 (other sources), Elvis Presley, on leave from military duty, together with Anita Wood visited the home of Eddie Fadall.
They taped several songs just for fun. Elvis sang and played piano or guitar or just sang along with records.
You can hear it on the unofficial LP Forever young, forever beautiful.

Ice cold love
Composed by Ray Price
Reportedly Elvis sang this song live in 1955 but no proof has been found.

I couldn't live without you
Composed by Per-Erik Hallin
Per-Erik Hallin performed this song during the band-introductions on September 2, 1974 closing show in Las Vegas. Elvis sang along during the chorus.
You can hear it on the unofficial CD Desert storm and concert cassettes.

I don't hurt anymore
Composed by Don Robertson & Jack Rollins
On July 4, 1954 Elvis Presley, Bill Black and Scotty Moore at Scotty Moore's appartment tried out several songs. This was one of them.
Funny enough other rumoured titles all start with an I: I love you because, I really don't want to know, If (they made me a king) & I apologize.

I don't know it
Composed by Arthur Crudup
Supposedly Elvis recorded this song in 1954 but no proof has been found.

I'd rather have Jesus
Composes by Rhea F. Miller & George Beverly Shea
Supposedly Elvis recorded this song in May 1966 but no proof has been found.

If (they made me a king)
Composed by Robert Hargreaves, Stanley J. Damerell & Tolchard Evans
On July 4, 1954 Elvis Presley, Bill Black and Scotty Moore at Scotty Moore's appartment tried out several songs. This was one of them.

If I can dream
Composed by Walter Earl Brown
In Lake Tahoe during the August 1, 1971 midnight show Elvis sings one line of this song.
You can hear it on audience recorded concerts.

If I didn't care
Composed by Jack Lawrence
Supposedly Elvis recorded this song but no proof has been found.


If I promise
Composed by ?
Fanclub reports in 1968 mention a planned release of a country album called Winter in a long hot summer featuring this song.
There is no proof Elvis recorded this song.

If you leave me now
Composed by  Peter Cetera
The Sweet Inspirations sang this song during their act before Elvis would enter the stage for his show.
You can hear it on the unofficial CD Since Cincinnati.

I got a sweetie
Composed by Ray Charles
For legal reasons in some countries I got a woman is listed as I got a sweetie.

I'll be there (if ever you want me)
Composed by Bobby Darin
In Las Vegas during the March 22, 1975 midnight show Elvis sings one line of this song.
You can hear it on RCA-Victor's 2001 release Live in Las Vegas but it is not credited in the tracklistings.

I'm chasing money
Composed by ?
Fanclub reports in 1968 mention a planned release of a country album called Winter in a long hot summer featuring this song.
There is no proof Elvis recorded this song.

I'm getting sentimental over you
Composed by Ned Washington & George Bassman
The theme song for the Dorsey Brothers' Stage show.
There is no proof Elvis recorded this song.

I'm gonna love you anyway
Composed by Layng Martine Jr.
The original demo, made for Elvis, ended up with Cristy Lane who released it as a single in 1978.
There is no proof Elvis recorded this song.

(I'm) Ready for love
Composed by Jimmy Jones & Otis Blackwell
Supposedly Elvis recorded this song in 1962 but no proof has been found.

(I need you on) The tip of my fingers
Composed by Bill Anderson
Reportedly Elvis sang (a line of) this song during the August 11, 1970 midnight show in Las Vegas but no proof has been found.

I need your loving (every day)
Composed by Bobby Robinson & Don Gardner
Elvis sang this song during his August 14, 1971 midnight show in Las Vegas..
You can hear it on the unofficial LP Sold out and concert cassettes.

I never had it so good
Composed by ?
Supposedly Elvis recorded this song in 1964 for the movie Roustabout but no proof has been found.

In my dreams
Composed by James Marcus Smith (a.k.a. P.J. Proby) & Dottie Harmony
Demo for Elvis sung by P.J. Proby.
Released as an Elvis song on the unofficial LP Special delivery.

I played the fool
Composed by D. Alexis
In July 1976 Melody Maker published and article about a fictive Elvis Presley recording session called That's the way it might have been. This is one of the songs mentioned.

Isle of golden dreams (a.k.a. My isle of golden dreams)
Composed by Walter Blaufuss & Gus Kahn
Reportedly sung by The Million Dollar Quartet (Elvis Presley, Carl Perkins, Johnny Cash & Jerry Lee Lewis) on December 4, 1956.
Unfortunately there are indications the taperecorder was only switched on later!

I should have been crucified
Composed by Gordon Jensen
Sung by J.D. Sumner & The Stamps during the February 15, 1973 dinner show in Las Vegas.
You can hear it on the unofficial CD Las Vegas dinner show and concert cassettes.

It ain't me babe
Composed by Bob Dylan
Reportedly Elvis sang this song live in the seventies but no proof has been found.

It'll be me
Composed by Jerry Lee Lewis
Reportedly Elvis recorded this song at RCA-Victor but no proof has been found.

It's a matter of time
Composed by Clive Westlake
Elvis sang this song during his August 25, 1973 dinner show in Las Vegas..
You can hear it on the unofficial LP Long lost songs and concert cassettes.

It's nice to go travelin'
Composed by Sammy Cahn & Jimmy Van Heusen
Opening song of the 1960 Frank Sinatra Timex Show sung by Frank Sinatra, Nancy Sinatra, Joey Bishop, Sammy Davis Jr. & Elvis.
You can hear it on the unoffical LP TV Guide presents Elvis.

It's only make believe
Composed by Conway Twitty & Jack Nance
Reportedly Elvis recorded this song at RCA-Victor but no proof has been found.

It's over
Composed by Roy Orbison & Bill Dees
After introducing Roy Orbison in the audience, Elvis sang a line of this song during his December 6, 1976 show in Las Vegas.
You can hear it on audience recorded concerts.

I walk the line
Composed by Johnny Cash
Elvis sang this song live at Las Vegas, August 14, 1970 midnight show.
You can hear it on unoffical LP/CD Hang loose and concert cassettes.

I won't have to cross the Jordan alone
Composed by Thomas Ramsey & Charles E. Durham
Reportedly sung by The Million Dollar Quartet (Elvis Presley, Carl Perkins, Johnny Cash & Jerry Lee Lewis) on December 4, 1956.
Unfortunately there are indications the taperecorder was only switched on later!

I want a girl (just like the girl that married dear old dad)
Composed byHarry Von Tilzer & William Dillon
Supposedly recorded for the movie Follow that dream but no proof has been found.

I was there when it happened
Composed by Herbert J. Lacey
Reportedly sung by The Million Dollar Quartet (Elvis Presley, Carl Perkins, Johnny Cash & Jerry Lee Lewis) on December 4, 1956.
Unfortunately there are indications the taperecorder was only switched on later!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten